Little Green Balls of Death - The Unfairly Bashed Brussel Sprout

A fan of the site, Balu, sent in this great photo of the poor, misunderstood Brussel sprouts, and asked if I had a video recipe for this "interesting vegetable" as it was described in the email. Well, yes I do; 60-Second Brussel Sprouts!

Believe it or not, this video recipe came up during the About.com meetings in Las Vegas. My frie
nds and bosses, the lovely and talented Bonnie and Gina, told me that this was the most popular recipe I've done for them (and I've done a lot). They're both big fans of the veggie now, and regularly forward the recipe to friends. Yes, Brussel sprouts, who knew?

You will see these all over the produce department this time of year, and in my humble opinion this 60-Second Brussel Sprouts recipe best shows off their sweet, delicate flavor. Enjoy!

Ingredients:
18 Brussel Sprouts, sliced very thin
1 tbsp olive oil
1 tbsp butter
1 lemon, juiced
salt and pepper to taste

No comments:

Post a Comment