Mango Sticky Rice - A 100% Chocolate-Free Valentine's Dessert

So, you can't or won't eat chocolate, and have been shunned by the rest of society (deservedly so)? What other food blog thinks about posting something for you poor bastards? This one. Here's a video recipe for Mango Sticky Rice that would make a delicious, and still very sexy Valentine's dessert.

Okay, I'll come clean - this video recipe wasn't really done for all you "I don't like chocolate" freaks of nature. It was filmed a while back for the Thai Foods site on About.com. This is one of those desserts that while you're eating it, you're thinking, "Why don't I make this more often?"

I'm not a huge mango fan, and don't generally crave tropical fruit, but there is no more perfect pairing for this uniquely-flavored fruit than a bowl of bright white sticky coconut rice.

You may have to search around a bit for the "sweet rice" called for, but most large grocery stores these days have fairly well-stocked Asian foods areas.

Standard Ethnic Recipe Disclaimer: I'm not Thai. I'm not even part Thai. So, I have no idea how authentic this version is, although I do know I'm not that concerned. I've seen this done using a bamboo steaming basket, which looked pretty cool, but I don't have one of those. Anyway, it tastes good to me and hopefully it will to you too.

For more Thai food info, please feel free to contact Darlene Schmidt, About's guide to Thai food, and tell her Chef John sent you. Enjoy!

> CLICK HERE TO WATCH VIDEO!

No comments:

Post a Comment