Heading South to Tri Tip Nirvana

We're just about to leave for Santa Maria, California for a weekend expedition to research and report on this area's famous (borderline mythical) barbecued tri tip.

Sunset Magazine once called this red oak roasted beef, "the best barbecue in the world." Sure, I could just take their word for it, but I decided to arrange a little excursion to investigate for myself.

I'll be interviewing the local tri tip aristocracy to learn the real history, recipes and techniques.

I've already posted my versions of the barbecued tri tip and the Santa Maria-style pinquito beans (pictured here with links to the videos), which I love, but I may have to make a few alterations once I see how they're truly supposed to be done. Stay tuned!

By the way, I'll be tweeting away during the trip, so if you're not already following me on Twitter, here is a link to get connected! Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment