A Summer Scramble – Wet and Wildly Delicious

Cooking isn’t about always doing the right thing, and this summer scramble is a perfect example. Adding juicy, sweet cherry tomatoes to a scramble tastes great, but it's not a common practice since having a pool of liquid under your eggs is considered bad form. I don’t care – I have toast.

I could have used the slow, low-heat scrambling method I've demonstrated before, and tossed in the tomatoes and feta in right at the end, but I don’t feel the tomatoes and cheese really get heated all the way through. Besides, did I mention I had toast? Soaking up all that goodness is a big part of why I love this so much.

Anyway, cherry tomatoes are peaking right now, and the "Sweet 100's" variety I used here are, without a doubt, the sweetest fresh tomato you can buy at a grocery store. In fact, make that the only sweet, fresh tomato you can buy at a grocery store.

As I suggest in the video recipe, make sure you have all your prep done before a pan is placed over the flame. Start to finish, this will only take a minute to cook, and trying to slice and dice while the eggs are in the pan is a recipe for disaster. I hope you give this colorful, summer breakfast a try soon (or you'll have to wait until next year). Enjoy!




Ingredients per portion:
olive oil
3 large eggs
1 tablespoon basil chiffonade
2 tablespoon crumbled feta cheese (try to find goat's milk feta - it's awesome)
pinch of hot pepper flakes
flaky sea salt to taste

No comments:

Post a Comment