Next Up: Nacho Cheese …But First, My Saucy Wife!

Many of you know my wife, Michele, is a big part of what happens here on the blog, and a major league food maven in her own right, but what you may not know is that she also worked with me as an associate chef instructor at the California Culinary Academy.

I’m posting a nacho cheese sauce recipe tomorrow, and it reminded me that Michele used to do a very popular “Introduction to Cheese” lecture/tasting at the school, and would always start with the same old “cheesy” joke to loosen up the class.

It was the classic, “What do you call cheese that isn’t yours? …Nacho Cheese!”

Speaking of my lovely and talented wife, the video below is something we just shot for “The Next Big Small Brand3rd Annual Contest for Culinary Genius. We’re hoping her amazing SFQ – The Original San Francisco-Style Barbecue Sauce qualifies as a semi-finalist, which will be announced on February 9, 2012. Keep your fingers crossed!

In the meantime, stay tuned for not only a great nacho cheese recipe video, but I’m also going to show you how to do some quick and easy pickled jalapeno rings to top it with. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment