Creamy Mushroom Pasta Yan Yan - Asia's Top Blogger's Food Wish

Last week, while looking at my traffic stats, I noticed an unusually large number of visitors from Singapore. I followed the trail to a blog called Xiaxue, which had linked to my chocolate lava cake video. As I read the post, I was shocked to see the blog's author, Xiaxue, had sent me a comment, but that I never replied!

Even worse, I noticed the website had received numerous awards as Asia's top blog, and that Xiaxue was a bona fide
Internet superstar. As you know, I religiously answer every single comment and email I get (except for the ones I don’t), so I quickly emailed her to find out about her ignored comment.

She quickly replied and said she wrote this long teary comment about how my recipe had aided in her quest to get hitched, and she told me to keep on blogging. I was so excited to get an email from such an important person for a change, instead of the usual stuff I get from you people.

I thanked her, and offered to film any recipe she wanted. She asked for creamy mushroom pasta that she gets out, but wants to make at home. So, this video recipe was her food wish. I watched a couple of her videos and learned that she likes to be called Yan Yan, which explains the recipe's name.

By the way, she said that Xiaxue is almost impossible to pronounce if you're not Chinese - which I took as a challenge, and as you'll hear in the clip, I try on several occasions. Enjoy!



Ingredients:
2 tbsp olive oil
3/4 lb white mushrooms, sliced
1/4 lb shiitake mushrooms, sliced
salt and fresh ground black pepper to taste
2 cloves minced garlic
2 oz sherry wine
1 cup chicken stock
1 cup cream
1/2 cup Parmesan cheese
1/2 tbsp chopped fresh thyme
1/2 tbsp chopped fresh chive
1/2 tbsp chopped fresh tarragon
8 oz fettuccine

No comments:

Post a Comment