A Simple Italian Omelette – It's What I Had for Breakfast

I know some of you enjoy the occasional "What I Had for Breakfast" post and photo, so I thought I would do a quick video version of my breakfast this morning. I made a very simple, very thin Italian omelette, filled with goat cheese and chives.

I'm calling this an "Italian" omelette for a couple reasons. First, I used olive oil instead of butter, and secondly, I cooked the eggs quickly, in a hot pan, letting them get a little golden-brown. The traditional French omelettes are thicker, and cooked much more gently.

Anyway, this is just a quick, simple video recipe that shows a nice technique for lifting the edges and letting the raw egg run underneath. This helps cook the omelette faster and also gives it a nice texture. Enjoy!



UPDATE: What They Had for Breakfast
This is from iliea (the cheese girl) who wrote, "just thought you might be interested in what i had for breakfst too. this is a picture of frog hollow peaches, blueberries from the Ferry bldg farmers market, topped with Strauss Creamery whole milk yogurt, and finished with Snyders Farm oak wildflower honey. Oh, so good."

Thanks, Iliea!



No comments:

Post a Comment