In Defense of Foie Gras

This video from Anthony Bourdain's show No Reservations is dedicated to a recent commenter named Matt, who wrote:
"I love your site Chef John but if you ever use Foie Gras in any recipe I swear I'll never come back here."

I hope he took my advice to stop visiting the site immediately. I mean, why wait until I post a foie gras video to stop coming? I love foie gras, and think that anyone who works to get it banned is a sanctimonious ignoramus well-intentioned, but misguided.

A fan named Lysa saw the comment and sent me this video. I thought I'd post it to show some of you how foie gras is processed, at this farm at least, and more importantly to give "half the peace sign" some good-natured ribbing to Matt and his pious peeps like minded friends.


No comments:

Post a Comment