Original Buffalo Chicken Wings (Shaken, Not Stirred) – Totally Authentic, Or So I Hear

If you know someone from Buffalo, they know someone who told them the secret ingredients to the Anchor Bar's famous Buffalo chicken wings. I know people from Buffalo. This is my version, as described to me many years ago, over almost as many beers.

Now that we've established it's absolute validity, I should tell you, I'm not a huge fan. Just because a recipe is authentic, doesn’t mean it's a great recipe. Don't get me wrong, I've never turned down plate of Buffalo-style chicken wings, I'm just saying there are about 20 wings sauce recipes I like better (like the ones I've already posted on the blog - see below)

Having said that, people really seem to love these, and I encourage you to give them a try. The wings are always fried in Buffalo, but a really hot oven works just fine.

To see the technique for baking the wings, click this link and watch the famous Clifton Springs Chicken Wings video, or this link which has all three of our previous chicken wing videos. Enjoy!




Ingredients:
2/3 cup Frank's Louisiana hot sauce
1 stick (1/2 cup) cold unsalted butter
1 1/2 tablespoons white vinegar
1/4 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
1/2 teaspoon Tabasco sauce or other hot sauce (like the Sriracha I used)
1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
salt to taste

No comments:

Post a Comment