She’s Not My Cherry Pie, She’s Our Cherry Pie

Were these "lips" merely a coincidence?
I think we all know the answer to that.
First of all, I’d like to apologize to Warrant for calling their song “Cherry Pie” the worst in rock history…I totally forgot about the abomination that is Jefferson Starship’s “We Build This City.” At least Warrant’s song had pie(s) in it. 

This delicious and super easy cherry pie features a crunchy, streusel-like crust, which as I joke about in the video, makes the best ice cream topping ever. It's such a natural pairing that I'm not sure it should even be served if there's no vanilla ice cream around. Of course you’re going to try and find the sweetest cherries you can, but if you don’t, please feel free to adjust the sugar amount below as indicated. Other than that, no alterations should be necessary.

Some of you may feel like sneaking some cinnamon in there somewhere, but I agree with the many who say that particular spice doesn’t pair well with cherries, and should be saved for the apples and peaches. 

Anyway, it’s the 4th of July, and I have food to eat, beer to drink, and fireworks to watch on TV. I hope you all have a fantastic holiday, and also that you give this classic summer pie a try soon. Enjoy!


Ingredients for One 9-inch Cherry Pie:
For the crumb topping:
1/3 cup rolled oats
1/2 cup slivered almonds
1/2 cup light brown sugar
1/3 cup packed all-purpose flour
3/4 teaspoon fine salt
6 tablespoons cold unsalted butter, cut in pieces
For the pie:
1 uncooked pie shell
2 pounds pitted cherries (reserve all juices!)
1/2 lemon, juiced
1/3 to 1/2 cup white sugar depending on sweetness of cherries
1/4 cup cornstarch
*Bake at 350 degrees F. for 1 hour and 15 minutes

No comments:

Post a Comment