I've Sold My Sole (and no, that's not a typo)

If you visit the site everyday, and you really should, you may have noticed me testing some advertising for Mozo shoes. Well, I can finally make the official announcement; Food Wishes Video Recipes has its first real sponsor!

As you know, I am passionate about keeping these video recipes free, despite
the catastrophic damage they cause to my personal financial health. Originally, I thought I could offset the cost of producing these recipes with Google ads, Amazon links, and viewer donations. Needless to say it hasn't quite worked out that way.

So, I told myself I would try and find a sponsor to help keep the site going. Unfortunately, the offers I got weren't w
ith companies and products that I could honestly recommend. All kidding about the Kraft video contest aside, I would never actively promote a product I didn’t use myself.

I wore two pairs of these shoes for over a month before finally deciding to accept their offer. Mozo makes a line of shoes specifically for cooks and chefs whoe need super-sturdy, safe, and very comfortable shoes while they work those long days. You can check out their products yourselves, but I will say I really love my Mozo shoes, and am very happy to have finally found an advertiser with such a well-made product I can support.

By the way, this is an experiment for the site, and the terms of the deal are very modest to say the least. I'll be going month to month with this promotion, and I'm still a long way off, traffic-wise, where one of these deals would actually support the site fully, so please continue any support you already provide. This will hopefully show other high-quality food-related companies that this site can be a great place to showcase their products.

This video features the short intro you'll see at the beginning of the video recipes while Mozo is a sponsor. It also features my first (and probably last) attempt at modeling.

No comments:

Post a Comment