Will Work for Food…Network

It's the most common question I get on my YouTube channel; "Why don't you have a show on the Food Network?" There are so many answers to this question, the most obvious being, "Have you seen me?"

So, when I saw that Food Network was having a Next Food Network Star YouTube Challenge, I was unsure whether or not to enter.

Part of me doubts I'm FN material, and another part wonders if it is even something I'd want to do – I mean, notwithstanding the long hours and semi-poverty, I have a pretty fun gig here.

I finally decided to submit a video, if only for the fact that I am considered to be one of YouTube's best and most popular chefs (and by "one of" I mean "the"), and it would have been bad form not to offer up something to the gallery of entries.

As you know, I'm in New York visiting my mom, and without any of my video equipment. Thankfully an old friend of mine, Jim Kerins from iTownVideo came to rescue and helped me film this clip. In addition to being a great musician, Jim is a Finger Lakes audio/video legend and did an amazing job pulling all this together. Thanks Jim!!! To see more of his great work, check out his YouTube channel here.

One important note, the video had to be under 3 minutes to qualify for the contest, so there was very little time to actually spend on the recipe, hence the severe editing. I will hopefully be able to post a director's cut soon with a lot more footage. Enjoy!



No comments:

Post a Comment