You Can't Stop Zucchini, You Can Only Slow it Down

Very soon, if not already, you're going to be faced with one of summer's great dilemmas; what the hell am I going to do with all these zucchini?

Maybe they're from your garden, or possibly some sadistic neighbor's, but regardless of where they came from, there they sit on the counter, taunting you with their size and numbers.

While it will probably only put a small dent in your cache of courgettes, this recipe I posted last year is very simple and quite tasty. Enjoy!


Tuna Zucchini Elbow Pasta - It's Just Dinner


I almost didn't film this meal. Initially, it struck me as so mundane and unimpressive that I wasn't sure it would make a worthwhile video recipe. Then I remembered I'm an atypical Food Wishes fan. While it's getti
ng harder and harder for me to impress myself, thankfully most of you remain fairly easy to impress.

I don't say that with condescension, but with envy. I have to remind myself that not everything I make has to be a "special." That it's okay to just cook, film, and post without a point, or an angle, or even a reason.

This recipe is not impressive, it's not interesting, there are no new techniques, it doesn't remind me of any funny stories, and it certainly isn't going to win any beauty contests. I promised myself to never use the phrase, "it is what it is," but here, I really have no choice. It is what it is, and that's just dinner. Enjoy!




1 lb elbow macaroni
olive oil
3 cloves garlic, minced
6 large zucchini, 1/2-inch cubes
1 tsp salt
1/2 tsp hot pepper flakes
1 tsp dried Italian herbs (oregano, rosemary, thyme, etc., the usual suspects)
3 1/2 cups marinara sauce
1 1/2 cups water
12 oz tuna
Parmesan cheese

No comments:

Post a Comment